1.01.2012

Ringin' in the New Year with style...

It's 5:10am on January 1, 2012. I'm at work and the heater is broken. It's about 50 degrees in here but feels more like -20 degrees. I guess this is life, eh?

My New Years Eve was pleasant; I had a lot of fun, saw a lot of friends, and relaxed...what more could a girl ask for, really? I started out the day visiting grandpa in the hospital. I made sure he was drinking his water, talked about basketball, and of course, gave him a mohawk. I tried taking a picture--maybe someday soon. After a quick visit, I went home and crawled in my nice, warm, cozy bed with Calvin until about 4pm.

I got ready and went to dinner with a friend. I had fish and chips....it was my way of pretending that I was in a pub for New Years Eve. It worked and they were delicious. Yummmm! After dinner we went over to the AA meeting; we got there right at the end of the meeting but then the dance was starting. Gag. I stayed for like ten minutes and then booked it outta there. I wasn't a good dancer drunk and I'm even worse sober...if that's even possible.

I decided that I was going to craft at work tonight, so I hit up Wal-Mart for a few supplies. Then since I had a couple of minutes to burn before work, I decided to cruise and jam to my music. Just my luck, I got pulled over. Luckily, it was by the sheriffs who come to my work every night and they just laughed; we talked for a minute and I got to continue on my way. So glad I wasn't drinking....Bonus.

I rang in the new year at the truck stop, by myself and I wasn't even sad about it. I mean, maybe a little bummed that I don't have anyone to kiss at midnight...but other than that, life is good. I've been crafting up a storm and I'm so stoked for the end product. It'll be a few days, but I'll post pics of what I've been crafting soon.

Oh, and hopefully I'll have my Etsy back up soon, too. I wanted to make some changed for the new year, but sadly, I haven't started them yet...so no shop for now!

Today I'm grateful for:
  • good conversations 
  • reconciliation 
  • true love
  • new beginnings 
  • my job--i'm lucky to have work. mostly i'm lucky that i get to craft all night at work usually. 
  • youtube for teaching me new things whenever i wanna learn something. 
  • good friends
  • honesty
  • all the wonderful people who have touched me in some way in the last year. there's a bunch. and i'm grateful for all of you. 
  • being happy with where i am in life, for the most part.
  • feeling content.
  • my sobriety.
  • family.
  • getting pulled over and being sober for it. 
  • my jacket and shoes. this place is freeeeeezing tonight! my hands and nose are purple. probably my toes, too. 
  • today. 
  • y.o.u. 
  • hope. 
  • Joe Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment