My New Years Eve was pleasant; I had a lot of fun, saw a lot of friends, and relaxed...what more could a girl ask for, really? I started out the day visiting grandpa in the hospital. I made sure he was drinking his water, talked about basketball, and of course, gave him a mohawk. I tried taking a picture--maybe someday soon. After a quick visit, I went home and crawled in my nice, warm, cozy bed with Calvin until about 4pm.
I got ready and went to dinner with a friend. I had fish and chips....it was my way of pretending that I was in a pub for New Years Eve. It worked and they were delicious. Yummmm! After dinner we went over to the AA meeting; we got there right at the end of the meeting but then the dance was starting. Gag. I stayed for like ten minutes and then booked it outta there. I wasn't a good dancer drunk and I'm even worse sober...if that's even possible.
I decided that I was going to craft at work tonight, so I hit up Wal-Mart for a few supplies. Then since I had a couple of minutes to burn before work, I decided to cruise and jam to my music. Just my luck, I got pulled over. Luckily, it was by the sheriffs who come to my work every night and they just laughed; we talked for a minute and I got to continue on my way. So glad I wasn't drinking....Bonus.
I rang in the new year at the truck stop, by myself and I wasn't even sad about it. I mean, maybe a little bummed that I don't have anyone to kiss at midnight...but other than that, life is good. I've been crafting up a storm and I'm so stoked for the end product. It'll be a few days, but I'll post pics of what I've been crafting soon.
Oh, and hopefully I'll have my Etsy back up soon, too. I wanted to make some changed for the new year, but sadly, I haven't started them yet...so no shop for now!
Today I'm grateful for:
- good conversations
- true love
- new beginnings
- my job--i'm lucky to have work. mostly i'm lucky that i get to craft all night at work usually.
- youtube for teaching me new things whenever i wanna learn something.
- good friends
- all the wonderful people who have touched me in some way in the last year. there's a bunch. and i'm grateful for all of you.
- being happy with where i am in life, for the most part.
- feeling content.
- my sobriety.
- getting pulled over and being sober for it.
- my jacket and shoes. this place is freeeeeezing tonight! my hands and nose are purple. probably my toes, too.
- Joe Bear