1.15.2012

to all the single parents out there...

Dear Single parents,

I have no idea how you do what you do. I mean, seriously, I can barely take care of myself while working full-time. As a single parent you (probably) work AND take care of your kid/children. I can't imagine working full-time and coming home and doing homework with my kid for hours on end. And then on top of that, you get to cook, clean, do laundry and go grocery shopping. I'm on a very small trial run of being a single parent this week and holy cow...I never realized how much work it is to take care of a kid; this is a pretty self-sufficient little guy, too. If it were a toddler, I'm sure it would add on loads of work. Plus, I have a "co-parent" who is helping watch my pretend child on the nights that I work. I'm not even kind of doing it by myself and it's still way more work than I'm used to doing!

I definitely have a new appreciation for single parents who get to do this all the time. You guys are tough cookies and deserve some sort of medal or award! Maybe someday I'll come up with something for that, but for now...keep it up! Any tips on how to get a kid to do homework and all that jazz would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Sincerely,
Me


P.S. I'm also looking for food options other than frozen pizza and frozen yogurt for every meal.....I'm a bad mom. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment