1.13.2012

homework with a 4th grader...

Today I had the opportunity to hang out with a 4th grader. I was pumped to hang out; I picked him up from school, took him to Krave and got some yummy frozen yogurt and then headed home to do homework. I didn't know what I was getting myself into...after an hour and 30 math problems later, I discovered that 1. Math sucks 2. 4th graders are smarter than me 3. I need to go back to school. Seriously, good thing this kid was super smart because I definitely could not help him with his math.

My favorite part of today was when we were getting yogurt and he saw the yogurt cup (there is only one size) and said, "they make these big so you have to fill it up and pay more...". Yes, yes indeed. Although you don't have to fill it up all the way, what fun would it be to get a 1/2 empty cup of yogurt?

Today I'm grateful:

  • for amazing people who are good examples to me.
  • that i got to hang out at horizon house and help make some resumes. good times...
  • that someone actually trusts me to babysit their kid. that's pretty cool. 
  • that i got to hang out with D. he's a pretty bad A kid. 
  • that i got to take a 4 hour nap before work. even though i think i'm more tired now than before, it was still nice. 
  • for Calv. I think he has pink eye, poor guy. 
  • for pinterest. what else would i do all night? seriously...
  • that i got to go to lunch with a good friend today. 
  • for my sponsor. holy moly, she's amazing. 
  • for good books. i'm still a little sad that i finished Juliet, Naked because now i feel a little empty inside...finishing books kinda sucks.
  • for Joey.
  • that i get to hang out with my grandparents a lot. 
  • to be sober....i probably wouldn't have any of the things listed above if i wasn't sober...

I'm so excited that it's almost Friday! I have a hot date to the SUU gymnastics meet and I foresee plenty of sleep in my near future, too. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment