1.11.2012

Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby

I just finished this book and thought I'd write a short post about it so I don't forget that I read it. Not gonna lie, at first I had no idea what to expect and it was a bit difficult to get into (maybe because it was 1 of 4 books that I am reading). Once I got a little further into the book, however, I couldn't put it down. I guess I couldn't get enough of the boring, mundane lives that the characters were living...or maybe because I could related to their feelings. I was slightly disappointed with the ending, but it was to be expected given the circumstances of the book. I guess that's life, right? Full of disappoints due to the expectations we put on ourselves and others. I'm glad I only paid 3 dollars for this book, but I'd recommend it for a quick, fun read. If you want to borrow my copy, hit me up.

I'm trying to branch out this year in the types of books I am willing to give a chance. Normally I would have never even touched this book because it's fiction...but I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to branch out some more! There won't be any sci-fi or fantasy, though...gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment