11.17.2011

i wanna be angry today, but...

I wanna be angry tonight. I don't know why, but I can't. I have so much to be grateful for and I guess that is why I have been making all these gratitude lists. I tend to focus on the negatives a lot and then I write these lists and I wonder what it was that I was angry about.

Today was a super great day! I got to sleep all night and then actually sleep in and that makes a huge difference in my demeanor..I'm still bitchy, but not nearly as much as when I don't get enough sleep! My roomie and I decided on a whim that we wanted to get a friend for Calv. Margot, Lindsey and I set out to the pet store because we heard they had free kittens. We didn't find one we loved, so we headed to the Enoch Animal Shelter.

Talk about Cat Heaven. Seriously, the place was packed with cats. We were looking at all of the cats and one jumped on me. I freaked out and had Margot remove it from me and then it jumped on Lindsey. We kept looking, but I guess our cat chose us because we ended up with Gretchen (formerly called Spook). She's such a sweet cat and we love her to death. Calv, on the other hand, isn't so sure yet. He has been picking fights with her all day. I'm sure once they get to know each other that they will be best friends.

The only picture I have of her so far...there will be many more to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment