11.04.2011

grateful for snow, snow, snow...

It's snowing outside and I'm working at the ol' truck stop. I am so grateful for the snow tonight. Don't get me wrong...I don't actually love snow, but tonight it's making work much more enjoyable. You see, people don't like to come out to the truck stop when it's snowing, apparently...I get to sit here all by myself and ponder on all the many questions about life I have. I think I'll enjoy this night with a warm cup o' Joe (what the hell does that even mean?) and a good movie.

Today I'm also grateful for lots of other things:
  • I got to go to the SUU women's basketball game. They kicked ass and won by 20 points. I enjoyed myself and had some good friends with me, too. Score. 
  • I got to cuddle with Calv all day in my nice warm bed. I love that little guy. 
  • I didn't have to shovel any snow. 
  • No one in my fam ended up in the hospital today. I'ts 11:36pm, so I may have spoken too soon...but I'm pretty confident that they're all safe in bed by now. 
  • I shaved my legs. I mean, I usually do but today was just extra nice because I had new sweatpants to put on afterward. I love that feeling. 
  • I got a really sweet note from someone today. That made my heart happy. I like getting notes/texts/e-mails/letters/etc randomly. 
  • I ate a super delicious lunch (dinner) with Ape. Yummmmmmm.
  • I turned something over to my HP that has been bugging the crap out of me. I don't have any control over the situation anyway, so it feels nice to let go. 
  • I am grateful I still have friends after all the shit I've put them through. On the same note, I'm grateful my family still talks to me and from what I can tell, they still love me. 
  • I am super grateful I don't work outside or driving a truck. My heart goes out to all of you. Seriously though, what an awful thing to have to hang out in snow all day. 
  • I am grateful for love. Not romantic love, because lets be real, it's been a minute since I've had that, but just love in general. The kind that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy because you know someone cares about you. I like that. 
  • I am grateful for water. I drank a lot of it today. I should drink more of it all the time. I forget how delicious it is...
Anyway, I'm off to my coffee and movie hour. Happy weekend! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment