I got to go with some amazing people and had a lot of fun. We took the tour of the facility in the morning and then we went to Dog Town and volunteered in the afternoon. I love playing with the dogs and I always seem to find at least one that I was the smuggle out and bring home.
I also convinced everyone that it would be a good idea to drive through Colorado City. I loved every second of it.
Today I'm grateful for:
- all the amazing people that I get to spend time with and that i'm getting to know.
- people who dedicate so much of their time and energy into helping others.
- music. and of course, Jack, my iPod.
- being sober and getting to do all sorts of random things that I wouldn't be doing otherwise.
- being busy. much better than being bored.
- my job. i love that i work nights and have a set schedule. i am able to do a lot of things that i wouldn't be able to do if i had a "real" job during the day. who needs sleep anyway?
- my alarm clock on my phone. i mean, for real. i am averaging 3 hours of sleep every 12 hours right now. i have slept through my alarm the last 4 times and then magically wake up right in the knick of time. eeeek.
- diet coke. i'm dragging right now, but i'm hoping that it's magical powers will get me through the night.
- all the people who have so graciously donated money and coats and food for the Thanksgiving dinner that i'm helping plan. i don't even know some of these people and they are just giving and giving and giving.
- Joey Bear. I got to see him and his shaggy hair for a little bit tonight. I love that kid so much. He's gonna be serving food at the shindig. If that isn't reason enough to attend, I don't know what is?
- my parents. they are pretty amazing.
- chapstick. iloveit.
- my friends. they put up with a lot of hermitness and also a lot of bitch status from me. lack of sleep and being anti-social in the first place isn't a good combo.
- my cute kitty, Calvin. i love when he's being cute and cuddles with me while i sleep. well, i love him all the time..even when he's biting me and making me bleed.
- AA/NA and all the people in it.
- dreaming. not while sleeping kind of dreams, but real dreams...the kind that i think about all day/night.
- the fact that i get to do my laundry at work. and get paid for it. nice.
- my grandparents.
- the thought of sleeping tomorrow for more than 3 hours. i hope it becomes a reality.
- meeting new people.
- good memories of Thanksgiving last year with Jordan. we had a couple of friends over and made a delicious dinner.
- fall. although it has felt more on the winter side, it's beautiful outside right now and i love it.
- candy. duhhh