11.12.2011

grateful because...

  • I got to go to Zion with Horizon House today and go hiking. The hiking part sucked for me because I'm a little out of shape. And by a little, I mean a lot. The rest of the trip was fun and I got to know some more amazing people a little better. Life is good! 
  • The nap I got to take after Zion and before I came to work. So amazing. Wish it could have lasted all night, but I'll take whatever I can get. 
  • showers.
  • looking forward to the shower I'm going to take in the morning when I get off work.
  • people who inspire me to be a better person and to just be me! 
  • Calvin. Holy crap, I love that cat. So much. 
  • Words with Friends on Facebook. Don't hate. 
  • I've had an overwhelming number of people say they will donate to the Thanksgiving dinner that we are putting on for the community. I have had people I don't even know call me and want to donate coats and food-- that's freaking awesome. Anyone is invited to attend and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to help some people in need this year. 
  • I'm sober. Even though sometimes (like while I was hiking) I think to myself that it'd be more fun drunk, I know that I would be a hot mess. I really do love my life right now and I'm pleased with the direction it's going-- I know drinking would definitely mess that up. 
  • I'm grateful that my mom texts/calls me sometimes. Today she did. I like it. 
  • I'm grateful that my studly little bro went to Sadies with his dream date tonight. Awesome!
  • I'm grateful that I got out of bed today. Today was one of those days that I just didn't want to do anything. I have those days a lot. But then when I actually get out of bed, I'm glad I did. Thanks to the roomie for "encouraging" me. ha
  • I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head, food to eat, great friends, an amazing family and the coolest cat on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment