7.30.2012

best day, ever.

I don't think I've ever been as happy as I am right now. My financial aid has been approved and I will be attending SUU in the fall...as in, I start in less than a month! I wrote my appeal letter, met with an awesome advisor and had some awesome letters of recommendation (Thanks guys) turned in and I have just been waiting for 2 weeks to hear back. For the first three days I was literally making myself sick over it. I was going crazy! I finally decided that I did everything I could do and that no matter how much I obsessed or worried over it, it wouldn't change the outcome. I focused on other things and tried to enjoy life; I guess it worked because I didn't even check to SUU website for 4 days-and I just randomly decided to check it this morning! 

I feel so happy right now it's unreal. Just last week I was crying to someone about how drinking was way cooler than sober life. The only thing that she told me was that I'll never know what can happen if I give up now. I kind of rolled my eyes and thought she was nuts...I wanted to prove her wrong by staying sober and having a shitty life for just a while longer. Turns out, she was right and things continue to get better. Not only with school, but in all aspects of my life.
I am genuinely happy and feel so blessed to have the opportunity to go back to school for the 3480234 time! Hopefully this is the beginning of the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment