7.23.2012

3 day weekends are best. really...

After not having many days off in the last few months, my three day weekend turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. I think I'll try that more often. I had originally planned to take the weekend off because I was going to go to my cabin with some friends. That didn't work out so I was left with 3 days off and not a damn thing to do. I got my sleep on all day Friday and then on Saturday morning April called and said she really wanted to go to Lagoon!

We left Cedar about 1:30pm, drove straight to Lagoon and got there about 4:30pm. We went on a shit load of roller coasters, with little to no lines. We also rode bumper cars, the ferris wheel, the train (we were the only people without kids on the entire thing), and a few other "kid" rides. At about 9pm we were both starving so we decided we were done at Lagoon. We hit up In n Out and headed home! I was so tired but April drank a Monster and kept my ass awake so I could drive...what are friends for? We made it home by 1:30am and I got to sleep in my own bed...best kind of road trip is the kind that you can do in one day.

On Sunday I slept in and then went and played cards with my grandparents and my Aunt Annie. I hadn't seen them in a long time so it was nice to hang out for a while. They're getting old and it makes me sad to see them but I know I'll regret it if I don't.

Then I got to go see one of my favorite kids. She packed her suitcase and thought she was coming to stay with me for a few days. Plus, I got to watch some Real Housewives of New Jersey...which I never get to see since I don't have TV! Perfect night.

Today I had a lazy day, too. I had lunch with April and then Joey came over for dinner. It was a good vacation and I'm excited for my next one! Summer will be over before I know it and I've gotta get all my fun stuff packed in!

Happy Pioneer Day....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment