10.14.2011

Life is funny sometimes...

Last night my grandma called my cell phone.
Now, to most this would not seem out of the ordinary, but for me it's pretty epic. Last I knew my grandma thought that in order to call my cell phone she had to call from a cell phone too. She doesn't have a cell phone so I don't think she's ever actually called me until tonight. Weird.

Anyway, she called me and I was shocked. She asked me to go to a concert with her because my grandpa wouldn't go with her...typical. I couldn't go to the concert because I had committed to be somewhere else at the same time. I tried to find my grandma a date and it didn't work.

Now it's 10 hours later and I feel awful. I really love my grandma and would have loved to go with her to the concert. I know that I don't have much time left with her (she's old) and I feel sad and a little guilty that I didn't get to go.

The point of this little story is that I wish I could be in like 10 places at once. I mean I could be at the concert, an AA meeting, work, HHW carving pumpkins (which, BTW, was a blast), sleeping, hangin' with Joey, in Vegas, in SLC to go to Lagoon, etc. But instead I get to be in one place. I get to be in Cedar City, Utah, working at a truck stop and crocheting an afghan that I'm going to try to sell on Esty because my sister said that I could make some money.

This week I'm gonna make time to go see my grandma. I don't wanna regret not being able to hang out with her tonight...life is just too short to have regrets, I suppose.

Moral of the story?
Go call/visit your grandma.  (this is a note to self, mostly)

No comments:

Post a Comment