6.14.2012

hermitless day 1: summer games

Today was day one of trying to be less "hermit"-like. I'm not sure if it counts, because I was with April...but whatever. I'm counting it.

We went to the Utah Summer Games opening ceremonies. Ya know, I haven't been to it in a few years and tonight I remembered why...

Don't get me wrong, I had fun.....it just had nothing to do with why I paid to get in the gates.
The first hour was spent with people (athletes and the National Guard) walking around the track. Okay, great. That was fun. Glad I got there early for that!
The next 20 minutes was a super gay (literally) boy band from Provo, Utah. Neat-o. Wouldn't pay to see that everyday.
And the reason most people were there was for Nitro Circus from MTV. They were cool. They did cool shit. And then it was over in 20 minutes.

The highlights of the night were:

  • laughing at the funny people who were practically sitting on my lap. people watching is fun.
  • getting confused as to where i was...for a minute it felt like I was at a BYU devotional. Weird. 
  • the walk from the car to the stadium. It was a nice night. 
  • hanging with the bestie and her lover. they're fun. 
Needless to say, I probably won't attend next year unless they bring Chelsea Handler or JT. Step it up, USG. 

At least I accomplished my non-hermit day one. I did, however, get a fair amount of cuddle time with Calv in before the event. Gosh, he's cute. No wonder I'd rather be at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment