5.21.2012

wowza

It's Sunday morning at 4:52 right now. I'm tired, to say the least. I've had a long ass couple of days, jam packed with fun...and now I'm ready for bed! Good thing I don't work tonight and I only have 2.5 more hours left at work right now. Wahoooo.

Yesterday was super busy and also one of the best days I've had in months. Luckily for me, I have an awesome bestie and we spent most of the day together.

April and I walk/ran the 5k for the Children's Justice Center---didn't train for it, not even one time. Ha ha...shit show, but it was for a good cause. ;)

Then April went to clean her moms headstone, so I accompanied her. Good times. The thing looks brand new. Good work, Ape.

Then I went and played horseshoes. First time for everything, right? Shannon and I were in the semi-finals and then lost....by a lot! It was a lot of fun though; the weather was perfect. Yum.

And then, later on that evening it was the Candle Light Vigil. I was a little worried because we didn't know what to expect, as this was our first year putting it on. It turned out wonderfully and there was a great turn out. A few people shared their experiences with losing loved ones. Luckily my eyes were already watering from allergies, so no one could tell if I was crying or not. We all got a white balloon and wrote/drew messages on them and then released them. It was really neat and I'm so grateful that this all worked out. This was going to be a small, one-time event but as we planned it, it got bigger and now we're going to do it annually. I think it's a really great way to honor loved ones who have passed away. Here's to making next year even better!

And last but not least, today was the solar eclipse. I guess since I live in the smallest, hickville town on earth I should have know that this would be the biggest deal in the world. Apparently special glasses were needed in order to view the eclipse without injuring your eye...so people forked out lots of money for glasses and then the "hot spot" was in a tiny ass town 8 miles south of Cedar....there were literally thousands of people lining the one road...and blocking the damn road, too. April and I drove out there just to see what all the hype was about. Mostly, we just figured it was a bunch of really bored Mormons on a Sunday with nothing else to do. So we took pictures and videos of them. And we didn't watch the eclipse. Maybe next time. ;)

Welp, I'm going to prepare for my day off now by jamming to some tunes and cleaning the shit outta the truck stop! Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment