5.22.2012

Jones Soda kind of night...

Every time I think my life couldn't get any better, it does. What the heck?

Nothing major happened, just lots of little things. Life is wonderful.



I had a "Jones Soda BBQ" tonight with April and Ty Ty. For a while, we couldn't find Jones Soda anywhere! But, the Mav did us a big one and started selling them in the bottles. Holy smokes, I think I forgot how delicious (and full of sugar) they are. Yummmmm. We'll be having more Jones Soda nights soon, I'm sure.

Tonight while I should have been napping, I watched a movie called Pariah instead. I didn't really know what to expect as it was just one of the only movies in the RedBox I hadn't previously rented (lame, I know). It was really good---and really sad. If you haven't heard of it, look it up if you have some spare time. I couldn't necessarily related to the story (well, parts of it), but I could relate a lot to the feeling of being an "outcast", especially right after I came out to my family. It made me sad that anyone has to feel so alone for something that they have no control over...

That being said, I'm grateful that even though my family and I have different beliefs we are able to have a pretty good relationship. In fact, I would probably have to say it's the best it's ever been right now. A few years ago, my life/relationship with my parents was horrible. I hated who I was and I hated them for what they believed. Now I love me and I love them, too.

I really am lucky to have so many supportive people in my life. I hear so many horror stories about people getting disowned, losing all their friends, not being able to rent an apartment, and get fired...all for being gay. I have yet to experience any of the above due to being gay and for that I'm very grateful. I'm so glad that my friends didn't get all weird, my boss gives me as many hours as I want, and I still get to see my fam. What more could a girl ask for? Oh, and my BFF April and my kick ass sponsor (who both happen to be straight) are going to gay pride with me...NOW that's sweet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment