5.09.2012

New beginnings and stuff

Well folks, tonight was my last night of "aftercare" group at Horizon House. I'm done! I can't believe it's been over a year since I got to go to Horizon House! Seems so unreal and at the same time it feels like it's been much longer than that, too. I am grateful for all the wonderful staff/counselors that were willing to work with me, especially at first...I was a little bit of a nightmare. I'm grateful for all the wonderful women I met while I was living in the Horizon House and for the relationships that I still have with them even though we rarely see one another. I'm grateful that I got to go once a week after I left residential treatment and be with people who I could relate to and for all the many friends I have made along the way.

I'm also grateful for my family. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that I'd have a relationship with them if it weren't for Horizon House and the things that I got to do in the last year. For that, I'm grateful. I'm also grateful to have my best friend again and for her being so supportive and understanding over the last year.

My life isn't perfect, but it's pretty close! I'm happy, I have my own house, I have two cute kitties, amazing people to surround myself with, a job, and right now--I'm sober. I love that I get to live life and enjoy it- even the small, simple things.

Tonight is my last grave of a run of 7 and then I get tomorrow off. I'm tired and I wanted to call and have someone cover my shift, but I remembered that I get to have a job...some people aren't that lucky. So here I am. Tired as fuck, but I'm here. I think I look like I'm going to die...but that's okay. ;)

Mostly, I'm just so grateful for the life I have today. Thanks to everyone who has helped me get to where I am today. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment