5.05.2012

the things I think about at 5am...

So, earlier today April and I were talking and love came up. I don't remember many details except that she believes that it's impossible to stay "in love" with someone forever and that you just "love" them. I disagreed with her and told her I think it's totally possible to stay "in love" forever with the right person.

I can't stop thinking about it...what if she's right?? Why on Gods green earth would anyone want to be with someone they weren't in love with? I love a lot of people who I would not want to spend my life with...so how can that be enough? I get that it's not always gonna be perfect and it won't always be rainbows and butterflies, but if you've reached a point in your relationship that you're no longer in love is it honest to stay in it?

I would want to know if the person I was spending my life with wasn't in love with me anymore...

Perhaps "love" and "in love" would have to be defined for this to be a real argument, but I'm gonna go ahead and stick with my belief that it's possible to stay "in love" with someone forever. Who knows if that's in the cards for me, but I won't be settling for less than that. If that means I end up alone, I guess that's better than being miserable with someone...right?

Meh. It's 5:30am....

No comments:

Post a Comment