5.21.2012

Grateful

I haven't dedicated a post to gratitude for a minute...and I'm grateful, so here we go:


  • I'm grateful for the best friend in the world. I donno what I'd do without Ape Dog. Furreal. 
  • I'm grateful for Joe Bear and that I get to see him/talk to him everyday. More to come on him later this week for his high school GRADUATION party post. 
  • I'm grateful for Horizon House. I'm so, so grateful for the staff and all the wonderful women I got to be in treatment with for a couple of months and then aftercare for the last year. It's been quite the ride and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 
  • I'm grateful that I get to be part of the mentor program at Horizon House. I love everyone in it and what we do. Today I got a cake for becoming a real mentor since I have a year sober now...I'm not sure what I was before that...ha ha 
  • I'm grateful for Tia and her cute kids. They're the nicest kids in the world and I hope that if I ever have kids they turn out half as nice (and cute). :) 
  • I'm grateful for my kick ass sponsor. She's the raddest (yes, I know....not a word) lady in the world and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't know her/get to hang out with her. 
  • I'm grateful for my dad. He's the nicest guy in the world and I'm so grateful that he's my dad. He's a wonderful example to me about being Christ-like. I think if everyone were like my dad, the world would have farrrrrrr less problems. 
  • I'm grateful for my mother. Although we don't always agree, I love her and I'm grateful that she's my mom. 
  • I'm grateful that my mom's parents live so close! I need to be better about seeing them these days. 
  • I'm grateful for my dad's parents--and even though they don't live near, they show their love by sending cards. I'm really blessed to have such awesome grandparents on both sides of the fam! 
  • I'm grateful for all my aunts, uncles, and especially cousins. I have such fun memories from my childhood with them. 
  • I'm grateful for my Calv. Even though he learned how to spray (gag) and he's a little horn dog these days, I love him to death. Annnd, I kinda like Gretch, tooooo.
  • I'm grateful for all my wonderful friends. They all bring such wonderful and different things to my life and I'm blessed to have them all. 
  • I'm grateful to be sober. After the Candle Light Vigil last night, it reminded me (even though I know) that people actually die from Alcoholism/drugs. I guess I just don't think about that very often anymore since I've been sober...but I'm very blessed to be here and be sober. 
  • I'm grateful for my cute little house. I really am very lucky to live there! 
  • I'm grateful for summer! I love that there are so many fun things coming up...it's gonna be a damn-good-busy-as-shit-summer and I'm stoked! 
I could go on, but I'll save the rest for later. ;) Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. this made me really happy today for some reason, and reminded me that it is going to be a great day. thank you for sharing it when i needed to hear good things in the world. You are the best jillybean!

    ReplyDelete