2.22.2013

HAPPY!

Today I am the happiest I've been in years. Not just today. But in general. I am busy and I like it, even though sometimes I'm a huge nightmare. And I have also had to learn that I can't please everyone. Sometimes I need sleep. Or a day off. And sometimes other people don't understand that, which is understandable. My family, close friends and girlfriend have all been very supportive and understanding though...and that's what is important to me.

Sof came to Cedar last Wednesday and stayed up Tuesday this week! It was so much fun to have her here and to get to spend so much time together. I wish she was here all the time!! We spent a few hours driving on Sunday and ended up in Parowan and then in Colorado City, Arizona. Weird, but so much fun. I love adventures with her. I love anything with her, actually.

My grandpa turned 90 on Wednesday so Buddy and I took my grandma and grandpa to lunch at their favorite place- Sizzler. I can't say that I had ever been there, but it wasn't terrible and it was cute to see how excited my grandparents were to get out of the house. After lunch (I was running on 36 hours of no sleep and wanted to crawl in a hole) my grandpa wanted to go for a drive; I really did not want to go. Since it was his birthday, I sucked it up and we went for an hour and a half drive. It was so much fun and I'm so, so glad that I didn't pick sleep over time with him. It turned out to be a very simple and wonderful day.

When I woke up this morning I had this feeling that I should go visit my grandparents. I usually see them a few times a week but lately it's really hit me that they won't be here forever and I need to spend as much time as possible with them right now. I went up to their house to say hello before I was supposed to go to class. When I walked in my grandpa thought we were going for a drive and got so excited- I couldn't let him down, so I ditched class and we took an hour cruise. He lost his drivers license a year ago- and I think that took part of his soul. That man loves driving! I love it too, so it works out. I don't regret missing class at all.

After my class got out at 8pm tonight I heard basketball in the centrum at SUU- so I went in and watched the last half of a game alone (true loser fashion). It was the 2A State play offs today. April came and joined me for the last game and then I came to work. I should have been doing homework all night but instead I played Temple Run and fake slots on Facebook. Oops.

I'm sure if you're still reading this you're bored out of your mind but that's okay...I don't want to forget how happy I am right now and so I'm writing it down.

The next few weeks are going to be a crazy mess of projects for school, working overtime, basketball games ( I need them for my sanity. ha ), and then a nice vacation with April for spring break. Sometimes (like everyday, at least once) I want to give up. Sometimes life is overwhelming to me and it doesn't seem like I'm going anywhere or that all this work is worth it...and then I look at where I was less than 2 years ago and I'm so grateful. I know it's cheesy but I don't care- I'm so grateful for my life today!! I wouldn't change it for anything.

A lot of my friends are going through some hard times & have lost people they love- it reminds me that everyday really is important and that I should live with no regrets.

Life is good. Just don't talk to me on Monday or Wednesday after 4pm (just ask Sof)....I need my beauty rest. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. Probably my favorite one you've ever written. I'm so glad you are happy.

    ReplyDelete