12.01.2011

Holy Smokes, it's December!

Last night when I went to group at 6pm it was nice outside and I was wearing flip-flops; when I got out of group at 9pm I was still wearing flip-flops and it was not nice outside...it was snowing like crazy! I usually don't love snow, but I liked it this time. It is beautiful outside and everything looks so fresh.

I can't believe it's December! I don't know where time is going and I feel like it's only going to get faster. I have so much going on and I love it all! The holidays are so much fun and I'm excited I get to spend them sober and with people that I love dearly.

A few of my  friends on facebook posted this video and I thought it was pretty cool.


While I lived in Las Vegas I met a lesbian couple who were maybe in their forties or early fifties and they had two small children. At first, even being gay, I was kind of sad for the kids. I mean, I don't know what I'd do without my dad. He's my hero! After being invited into their home for their sons birthday party, I soon realized that their children were some of the happiest, smartest kids I had ever met. It was inspiring, to say the least. Although I don't know what I'd do without my dad, it was apparent that these two women had definite roles and that the kids were not being deprived in any way.

There are people who argue that if two homosexuals raise a child, the child will be homosexual. Maybe? But isn't it the same if two heterosexuals raise a child- shouldn't the kid be heterosexual? It doesn't work that way. I think that if someone who is able, both physically, emotionally, and mentally wants to have children, who are we to say they can't? I know plenty of heterosexual couples who should probably stay on birth control and never reproduce...but no one tells them they can't have kids.

I have wanted to adopt for a long time. Even when I was in a heterosexual relationship, adoption was something that I felt very strongly about. It was the cause of many intense discussions and a few fights. I believe that every kid deserves love and that it doesn't matter whether or not I'm the biological parent or not. Not everyone feels that way and to each his own. I don't know what life has in store for me or what I'll be able to do but I would love to adopt someday, whether it be with a partner or by myself assuming I'm in the position to care for a child properly.

I know this is a sensitive subject and it's something that I think about often. I wonder if I'll even have the right to adopt a child or how that will work out. I don't want  my sexual orientation determining whether or not I'm a suitable human being that could care for a child. I don't know all the laws and I haven't done a lot of research on this topic because I'm not in a position in my life where it's even relevant yet. All I know is that I hope someday I can have a family, too. :)


Happy December! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment