9.29.2009

Slim Jims, The Depot, and Jill = eek!

Sometimes when I'm bored at the Depot I try new things to eat. Hot, I know.

Anyway, last Sunday I was crazy bored and so I decided to eat a Slim Jim. Gross, I know...

Well, after I ate it I decided to see how much fat and other shiz I consumed in the little Jim. Nothing surprised me more than the ingredients:

beef, mechanically separated chicken [wtf], water, salt, corn syrup, flavorings, dextrose, paprika, hydrolyzed corn gluten, soy and wheat gluten proteins, sodium nitrite, lactic acid starter culture [wtf is this].

MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN?!?! WTF is that?!  Well of course wikipeida has the answer, and I found it. Just a warning though, if you ever wanna eat Slim Jims, hot dogs or any other processed meat again do NOT read this article. If you don't care and wanna know anyway, like me, click HERE.




and really...I don't LOVE Slim Jim's, but I'll still eat them if I wanna. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment