9.10.2012

Hormones and stuff

I don't know what's wrong with me the past few days---months, years, whatever... I feel so crazy right now--sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a not-so-good way. I won't go into the "bad" way right now because then I'll just feel even crazier.

The benefit concert on Friday was good. At first I was bummed that it seemed like not many people showed up--people who had committed to showing up, even. But then I found out how much we made and I felt much better about it. Mostly I'm glad that Tia and her kids came and seemed to enjoy themselves. I love them so much.

Just now, a trucker who I have a pretty decent relationship with came in and asked if I have ever been to Off the Cuff. I told him yes, and that I was there on Friday before Off the Cuff for a concert. He said he was too. I asked if he knew Tyler (who the concert was for) and he said, "no, I just went for support because I saw the flyer hanging up out here." I almost started crying (because I'm crazy and hormonal) and told him thanks for coming. I don't know how I didn't see him-probably because I was dancing around with Scout--but I am so touched that someone who had no reason to be there, was there just to help out.

My faith in humanity gets a little stronger every day. Today, despite the "bad" crazy, is a good day and I'm grateful for people.

And since I'm in social theory right now, I definitely agree with Marx---people are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment