12.22.2009

my (pretend) fam

I'd just like to give a shout out to my pretend family, because although they aren't blood related they are some of my very best friends and without them I'd be pretty lonely/pathetic (not to say that I'm not pathetic regardless). Plus, my real family is pretty awesome as well. I'm just a lucky duck. Anyway, I'd like to introduce ya'll to my (pretend) family.

Most of you will recall my ex-running partner, April. April and I have been friends since H.S. (high school, duh) and have played on teams together, been running partners, started the VCCPDC (volunteer Cedar City Police Department Crew, duh), and co-presidents of the B.R.A. (nunya business what that means). Besides all of those fine accomplishments, April is like a sister to me and I love her to death. And she's gonna kill me for posting this picture, but since she won't let people take real pics of her...this is all I got! SUCKA!





The next member of my (pretend) family that I'd like to introduce is Tennile. Tennile and I have only been friends for about a year, but she is one of the sweetest and most caring people I've ever met. She is always up for a good time and willing to try new things, which is probably the raddest thing on earth. I know that if I ever need anything, I can count on Tennile! Love her guts.






The newest member of my (pretend) fam is John. Now, although I've only known John for a couple of months, he's probably one of the funniest people I've ever met. John is hilarious. Seriously, pretty much everything that comes out of John's mouth makes me laugh. He's a riot. John and I are slowly, but surely, making a uke band. We both have ukes and neither of us can actually play them, but we're working on it. We finally got them tuned last night...so we're well on our way.












And so there you have it...my pretend family. Although various other people attend on occasion, it's normally the four of us just chillin'. We welcome and encourage anyone to attend our nightly family dinners, basketball sessions, and ukulele jams, so if you weren't mentioned but would like to be a part of our "family", feel free. We don't discriminate.

1 comment: