12.07.2009

ah, someone else has a crazier family than i do....

This weekend I was able to take a random road trip to the Salt Lake area with John and Britt tagged along, too. First we dropped John off in Provo and headed for Lehi where I was able to see Trentie Poo for the first time in a couple of months. Then Annie Brown came over and got me after work and we went to sleep.

Yesterday I went with Annie and her family to her dad's moms house. When we walked in, the very first thing anyone asked was if I was her girlfriend (she had warned me that this would be happening). I replied that, "yes, I was" and that we were engaged. I had a sick nasty heart ring on to prove it...Anyway, the next few hours were to say the least very interesting. I have always known my family was kind of quiet and possibly on the boring side, but I could have never imagined how "normal" they really are until this exeperience at Annie's family ginger bread decorating contest.

Some highlights of the day were:
1. Annie's lesbian cousin's GF almost beating Annie's obnoxious brother up, at least twice. She had a glare that could kill.

2. Annie's ginger bread house not staying together even though she has had years of practice; mine was awesome.

3. The drive up and back. John makes things fun.

4. Seeing Trentie Poo and Annie B. I miss their guts so much.

5. Pretending to date Annie Brown, the most Mormon girl I know, in front of her entire family.

Thanks John for letting me drive up with you! I had a freakin' blast!

1 comment: