10.13.2009

flashback Tuesday: physical contact levels with Jill

I first came up with this post about a year ago and if you want to see the older version you can click HERE. Even if you've read the levels of physical contact before, read it again for pleasure and to see where you are currently standing in my world of no contact.Here we go:

I've never been a touchy feely kind of person and I have never really understood those that are. For instance, in middle school I had friends who would run down the hall to hug me after being separated for 45 whole minutes. I would always dodge them or just hug them to be nice--secretly I thought they were crazy...and I still do!

I've decided there are different levels of physical contact that I have in my life. Most people have certain "bubbles" or "personal space" they need to have to feel comfortable. I've been told that not only do I have a "big bubble", I have my own planet. [I'm happy to inform everyone that after writing this over a year ago, my bubble has definitely expanded. I enjoy touching much more than I did then, however, I still hold to my levels of physical contact! I have added a few new levels as well, so watch out for those!!!]

Here we go:

LEVEL 1: CREEP SMILE
The new level 1 of Jill's physical contact doesn't include any contact, just a little creep smile. This is when it's just too hard to do a genuine smile, you're really grossed out, or you can't think of anything else to do. If you've never received anything but a creep smile from me, it'd be cool if you left me alone now. Please and thank you.



LEVEL 2: THUMBS UP
The I-don't-wanna-touch-you-cause-I-might-get-a-disease THUMBS up! This pretty much sums up level 2. If you've ever receieved a thumbs up, but nothing more from me, you should probably shower or something. I might still like you, but I might just not wanna touch you. For instance, this one would be used for my good pal, Ern Dog at the Depot. Love his guts, but don't really wanna touch him. I love thumbs up though. So I'm not gonna lie, I use it quite often even on folks I'd lick.


LEVEL 3: HIGH FIVE
Super less awkward than a handshake (because honestly who does that these days) and way better than actually touching a stranger. Enough said....





LEVEL 4: FINGER TOUCH
Although slightly awkward the first time, the infamous finger touch makes for a slightly romantic, non-threatening way of showing affection. Since the creation of the finger touch over a year ago, I have stopped using this one as much due to new friends, co-workers, and aquintances. I'm totally gonna bring this baby back though! Watch out everyone! Finger touches all around!


                                                                       LEVEL 5: FULL-HAND TOUCH
The finger touch can only last so long...so the hand touch makes for a nice upgrade. Make sure you feel comfortable before moving to this step. It can get a little intense, but so worth it. 




                                                                                     LEVEL 6:  AWKWARD SIDE HUG
This is the awkward side hug. The kind that happens when one, or both people involved feel uncomfortable or unsure of what to do. I find this happening to me more often than is probably necessary or even humanly possible. (Probably why I have officially coined the "finger" and "hand" touch moves). Don't feel bad if I'm awkward when I hug you, I am awkard about 88% of the time anyway...


LEVEL 7: REAL FULL-BODY HUGS
Believe it or not, a few people actually fit into the "free hug" category with me. Once you're in, you're in and it's hard to get out (Ask my sister). I love hugging people that I love. Now that Anne will be gone for like 2 years I have no idea what I'm going to do besides squeeze the shiz outta Joey Bear. 









LEVEL 8: KISSING
Kissing. I do enjoy kissing quite a lot. And a few people also fit into this level. Lucky if you're one of them! Too bad if you're not! 
(There is currently no one in this category. At least not after tomorrow when the sis leaves. I guess a year ago I was gettin' a lot more action than I am now...boo for that.)


 LEVEL 9: LICKING
The last and most intense level is licking. Air licks, real licks, any kind of licks. I give out licks fairly freely among my close friends and family members, much to their dismay. I've even got Joey (little bro) doing air licks now...he's such a bad ass. Love it. I'm happy to report that even a year later I'm still handin' out air licks like candy on Halloween. You know you want one...


So there you have it. Rate yourself on my physical contact scale to measure our friendship. If you're not pleased on where we are on the scale, let me know and I'll probably air lick you.

3 comments:

  1. my reaction was funny. but i still want a lame or frownsmile button, please and thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've blog always brings me such joy!

    ReplyDelete