10.15.2009

do you believe in magic and soulmates?

I don't believe in magic. And I don't know if I believe in soul mates, either. Regardless though, of whether or not I believe in soul mates, it's a nice, happy thought. 
I came across this quote a few months ago and was reminded of it today: 
 
Somewhere someone is traveling furiously toward you, at incredible speed, traveling day and night, through blizzards and desert heat,   across torrents, through narrow passes. But will he know where to find you, recognize you when he sees you?
by John Ashbery (Taken from his poem At North Farm)





That quote makes me think about everyone I know. And everyone that I have yet to meet. It's kind of crazy thinking about how many millions of people there are in this world and that just one could be meant for me. Maybe I'll try and take on a more optimistic outlook on the soul mate front and be more open to the idea. 

Wouldn't life be great if your "soul mate" was just written down somewhere and all you had to do was give them a call and everything would obviously work out peachy for the two of you. And naturally you'd live happily ever after...

oh and i apologize i'm an unromantic freak. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment