4.29.2013

A lovely weekend and now...finals

It's Monday morning. 3:04am to be exact. Sof left last night before I came to work and that always makes me sad, but I do want to remember the fun times we had and it's easier for me to blog it than actually write in my journal. 

Sof came to Cedar on Wednesday and we just did the normal go to school and work thing. On Friday my parents invited me to go to their house for Joey's birthday but since Sof was here and she couldn't come, I decided that I would just take Joey his present and have our own little party later. Saturday morning after work I was feeling really sad/depressed because I feel like I'm stuck in a place where I want to be a part of my family and things have been going really well, but at the same time, I have to pretend that I'm someone else when I'm with them. Sometimes it wears me out and makes me feel bad. I feel bad that I get to meet Sof's family without question and that they accept me and invite me in to their home and that I can't do the same for her. I know it's not in my control and that it's not my decision but sometimes it just gets to me. 

I was planning to sleep all day on Saturday but then Sof and I decided to go for a drive. We decided to go to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab! We took a tour and got to go to Cat World! Best thing ever. I've been on the tour/volunteered lots of times at Best Friends, but Sof had never been. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to get out of Cedar- even if it was only for a day. On our way to Best Friends we stopped in Colorado City, of course. 

By the time we were leaving Best Friends we were both exhausted because we had been up for 24 hours. It was worth it though. We had lots of fun and got to see some cute animals. We got home on Saturday evening and I slept for about 24 hours. Felt so good. Sof had to go home Sunday afternoon and I was pretty bummed but I'm glad she could come!

I am still plugging away at my final papers and studying for my exams. I will be so glad when this week is over!!!!!! Wahoooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment